Saturday, March 10, 2007

My Hope...

Is that one day, we will not be subjected to these images of beauty in the media. My hope is that one day, I will be an eating disorders counsellor - helping the victims of such a ravaging disease that I was once tortured by, and have since found liberation.

This video brings tears to my eyes - the pain that eating disorders cause people is so apparent in this video. It is so gut-wrenching, and devastating. When it gets to the point where you feel guilty for eating - for engaging in an activity that your life itself depends upon. When you find images like the ones shown in this video as attractive, and it becomes a goal to obtain a size zero body.

May the corporations and society be ashamed of themselves. May the world be compassionate, not ignorant. Proactive, not stepping to the sidelines of such a prevalent issue in our culture today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home