Friday, March 04, 2005

Miss Jessika

Tomorrow I am supposed to do a graduation video with one of the students here whom I counselled this past summer at MWA. I am very fond of him, and he asked me to speak for him on the video that his parents will see, discussing what his plans are for the future, etc. What should I say? 3 minutes feels like an enternity, but at the same time it seems like not nearly enough time to talk about all his good characteristics.

The other day I was blessed to get a letter from one of my old friends, Jessica. Her letter was such an ironic blessing to me. I suppose she sensed that I needed encouragement so in her letter she wrote how she herself has been feeling very discouraged lately and so she doubted she would be able to help me. But then she went on to explain all of the reasons why she was feeling run down, and it was so ENCOURAGING!! You see, I work here in a girls house and she also works at a girls home in New Hampshire. We hadn't really shared much about it before, and I was so encouraged to hear how much alike our programs/places of work are and how we are basically going through identical struggles. How encouraging. I can't wait to talk to her further.

Oh yeah. And she sent me one of the kewlest shirts I have ever owned! It is green and it says "Miss Neverland" on the front with a picture of Tinkerbell. Gotta love tink!

Until next time.. .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home