Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Meet Your Meat


I have recently been asked by some friends why I became a vegetarian.

Recently I followed a link to the PETA website. PETA stands for "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals". Below is a statement from their site regarding what they believe, as well as the link to the video that I viewed which made me face the truth about the meat industry. It is entitled "Meet your Meat" and is an expose on the farms and factories involved in the meat and dairy industry.

Personally, I do believe that some animals were made by God for us to eat, but I do not believe in eating these animals if we are not going to do it in a humane and respectable way. I have always been an animal lover, and have tried to be a vegetarian before. Hopefully this time I will do it with more resolve.

"PETA believes that animals have rights and deserve to have their best interests taken into consideration, regardless of whether they are useful to humans. Like you, they are capable of suffering and have an interest in leading their own lives; therefore, they are not ours to useā€”for food, clothing, entertainment, experimentation, or any other reason."

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=meet_your_meat

The above link will take you to the page where you can select the settings you want to view the video with. There are also many other video's available on the PETA website, narrated by celebrities such as Martha Stewart, Pamela Anderson, and Trent Reznor.


2 Comments:

Blogger Cal said...

Hey friend. i just ate a veggie burger. yum. and i am a dog owner. my new girl, Lucey is being spayed and then she will come home on Friday. I will make her some dog biscuits then!! love you

February 22, 2006  
Blogger Virginia said...

Wow, I am so proud of you! Now we are both mothers... hehee!

February 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home