Sunday, February 19, 2006

First Dog Biscuit Escalade


Here is the finished product of the dog biscuits I made yesterday for Ellie. The recipe was really simple, but it was a pain rolling out the dough and cutting it up. I used the hot water rather than the meat juices (I'm a vegetarian so that kind of grosses me out) & the margarine rather than the bacon grease. Anyway - she loves them, and I tasted one myself and it wasn't bad! It tastes just like a healthier pizza crust...

Title: Puppy Dogs Favorite
Description: Dogs love them and they are easy to make!
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 45 min.
Temperature: 325

Ingredients:
3/4 cup hot water or meat juices
1/3 cup bacon grease or margarine
1/2 cup powdered milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon sugar
1 egg beaten
3 cups whole wheat flour

Cooking Directions: In a large bowl, pour hot water or juices over grease or margarine.
Stir in powdered milk, salt, sugar, and egg. Add flour 1/2 at a time, mix well after adding each 1/2 cup. Knead 4 to 5 minutes adding more flour to make a very stiff dough. Roll in to half inch thickness. Cut into bone shapes and place on a GREASED cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for 45 min.

Tips: beef broth from the soup package has worked very well for a sub....
Submitted By: Annie

Click title link for more dog biscuit recipes!

2 Comments:

Blogger Barclee said...

how long have you been a vegetarian for? what made you decide to do that?

February 19, 2006  
Blogger Virginia said...

I have been a vegetarian only for a few weeks now. However, I've always been what they call a "semi-vegetarian" - not eating red meat and only sometimes eating fish and poultry.

To answer your question, I became a veggie after watching an online video clip about slaughter houses on the PETA website. I will make a post with the link so that other people can see it... and maybe change their eating habits too.

February 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home